Qualifications and Requirements: Minimum of High School Diploma or GED. Applicant must have organizational and, communication skills. Applicant must be able to work with minimal supervision. This position will require a valid driver’s license to conduct recruitment/outreach activities in agency vehicles.
Prior to starting employment, a criminal background check must be completed.
Travel: Attends training sessions as appropriate including out of town, evening, and weekend training.
- Assist Field Tech Lead in
- assessments and inspections
- audits and work write ups
- scheduling, surveying and pre-assessment preparations
- Assist other staff with paperwork as time allows
- Assist in review of income documentation, assessment information, and audits before assigning the work out to the contractors
- Maintain positive working relations with the contractors
- Train field tech assistants
- Make sure all equipment is in the truck and in operational condition
- Maintain records of the disbursement of client products when necessary
- Work with the CEAP department with assessments as schedule allows
- Maintain proficiency in Department of Labor (DOE) guidelines.
The Weatherization Technician performs work inside and outside in a variety of settings to include: office, client home, and community environments with other GETCAP employees and clients. The setting requires verbal and face-to-face contact with the community, clients, and other staff members.
- Occasional bending, stooping, or lifting up to 50 lbs. is required
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to travel and visit various residences/ family homes in assigned areas of the county.
- Regular repetitive motion with hands, computer keyboarding, phone, filing.
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk, standing to file misc. documents in filing cabinet.
Mental / Reasoning Requirements:
- Requires intermediate reading and writing skills
- Ability to complete forms accurately
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Listening and getting unbiased information
- Giving clear information
- Ability to utilize agency resources, technology, and library to appropriately answer questions
- Identifying and solving problems
- Making decisions, weighing risks
- Thinking clearly and analytically
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to assure program and system congruence.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)