General Purpose: Responsible for assisting in all aspects of classroom operation in place of/ or in addition to regular teaching staff as a floating substitute and coordinating the use of substitute teaching staff for classrooms.
Qualifications and Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and one-year experience in a licensed center preferred.
Salary Range: Hourly $8.65 to $8.85
Prior to starting employment a criminal background check must be completed as well as a pre-employment medical evaluation as set forth in the State of Texas childcare center licensing regulations.
Travel: Attends training sessions as appropriate including out of town, evening, and weekend training.
- Substitutes in various classrooms as needed.
- Assists in classrooms in addition to regular teaching staff as needed.
- Assists in other HS and EHS classrooms as requested by supervisor to cover staff/ child ratios
- Other duties as assigned by Education Staff.
- Provides a Safe Environment to Prevent and Reduce Injuries
- Promotes Good Health and Nutrition and Helps to Provide an Environment that Contributes to the Prevention of Illness.
- Provides Opportunities for Children to Understand, Acquire and Use Verbal and Non-Verbal Means of Communicating Thoughts and Feelings.
- Provides Experiences that Stimulate Children to Explore and Express their Creative Abilities.
- Helps Each Child to Know, Accept and Take Pride in Himself and to Develop a Sense of Independence
- Helps Children Learn to Get Along with Others and Encourages Feeling of Empathy and Mutual Respect Among Children and Adults
- Provides an Environment in Which Children Can Learn and Practice Behaviors Which are Appropriate and Acceptable Individually and in a group
- Uses all Available Resources to Ensure an Effective Operation, is a Competent Organizer, Planner, and Record Keeper
- Seeks Out and Takes Advantage of Opportunities to Improve His/Her Competence, Both for Professional Growth and for the Benefit of Children and Families
Work Environment: performs work inside and outside a Center or in the community with other HS/EHS employees.
- Requires verbal and face-to-face contact with the community, parents, children and other staff members.
- Performs most work during weekday hours.
- Requires the ability to lead gross motor and fine motor activities with the children both inside and outside the building. Activities are at least 45 minutes per day
- Requires the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. to assist in evacuation of children from a building.
- Ability to travel between five (5) or more buildings.
Mental/ Reasoning Requirements:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)