General Purpose: Assists in the implementation of the Child Care Food Program of the Head Start center according to the goals and objectives set forth in the Head Start Performance Standards and the USDA Child Care Food Program guidelines.
Qualifications and Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience in food preparation. Must be dependable and able to work as part of a team. Ability to lift 40 pounds, climb two flights of stairs, stoop, bend and stand for long periods of time. Please attach copy of GED, High School Diploma, and/or transcript/credentials.
Salary Range: Hourly $8.65
Prior to starting employment, a criminal background check must be completed as well as a pre-employment medical evaluation as set forth in the State of Texas child care licensing regulations.
Travel: Attends training sessions as appropriate including out of town, evening, and weekend training.
• Assists in food preparation (i.e. opening can fruit, making salads, cutting bread, cutting fresh fruits or vegetables, pouring milk, making juice, grating cheese)
• Prepares trays and food carts for proper food delivery to classrooms.
• Set carts with plates, cups and utensils for breakfast, lunch, and p.m. snack
• Assists in preparation and packaging of food and snacks for field trips, socializations, and classroom food experiences.
• Properly stores all food/ supply orders.
• Responsible for keeping the refrigerator, freezers, dishwasher, and dry storage areas clean.
• Washes all dishes used at meals and in food preparation.
• Washes pots and pans.
• Maintains established standards of sanitation.
• Communicates with supervisor on a regular basis about issues relating to food preparation, food service to the classrooms, and other job specific concerns.
The Food Service Personnel performs work inside a Center with other Head Start employees. Most work is performed in the kitchen area. The setting requires verbal and face-to-face contact with staff members, children, parents, and vendors. The Food Service Personnel performs work during weekday hours.
Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time 7 hours of 7.5 hour day.
Requires the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Ability to climb stairs
Ability to bend, stoop, twist, push, and pull
Mental / Reasoning Requirements:
Basic reading and writing skills (food ordering, follow recipes)
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to make decisions about kitchen operations as related to job responsibilities
Ability to use measure quantities
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)